Reading Dailies builds students’ reading skills by breaking down complex reading into small, more manageable tasks. The program is supplemental and is designed to complement other instruction within the daily reading block. The program fits alongside use of a basal text or a series of novels, either reinforcing or adding key skill instruction, thus enabling students to become independent readers.
Reading Dailies will enrich instruction in any classroom by
• teaching the key skills needed to succeed on national exams
• incorporating daily reading of quality literature and daily close reading of it through writing and discussion
• focusing on specific aspects of reading literature and reading informational texts
• enabling students regular opportunities to read and discuss quality, authentic texts
• working seamlessly in all classroom environments through its compatible print and digital options
• providing an easy-to-use digital tool to help assess students’ mastery of the skills that teachers need to teach